“Affirmations take hold when your body is soft and you mind is open.”
Your old thoughts are gone; there is nothing you can do about them except live out the experiences they caused. Your current thought, the one you are thinking right now, is totally under your control.
Exercise: Releasing & Letting Go
As you read this:
- Take a long deep in-breath.
- As you exhale, and just let go.
- Let your scalp, forehead & face soften.
- Let your tongue, throat & shoulders soften.
- Let your back and your abdomen and your pelvis relax.
- Let your breathing be at peace as you relax your legs and feet.
- If you are opening your body, you are opening your mind.
Is there a new feeling in your body now?
In this relaxed, comfortable position, say to yourself:
- I soften.
- I am safe.
- I release all fear.
- I release all guilt.
- I release all anger.
- I release & I let go.
- I release all tension.
- I release all sadness.
- I am willing to let go.
- I am at peace with myself.
- I let go, and I am at peace.
- I let go of all old limitations.
- I am at peace with the process of life.
Go over this exercise two or three times.
- Feel the feeling of ease “just letting go.”
- Repeat it whenever you feel thoughts of difficulty coming up.
- It takes a little practice for the routine to become a part of you.
When you put yourself into this peaceful state first, it becomes easy for your affirmations to take hold. You become open and receptive to them.
There is no need to struggle or stress or strain. Just relax and think the appropriate thoughts. Yes, it is this easy.
“What is in the mind, is also in the body” Louise L Hay
source- Louise L Hay, You can Heal Your Life, page 66-68
Adapted by G Ross Clark